If you are running a local business, you may be wondering how you can target more customers in your area. If you already have a website, this is a great start, and if you don’t already, it’s definitely time to join the digital marketing revolution.
More and more people are searching for businesses like yours online. This means that they use computers, tablets, and phones to find you. If you’re not online, or your website can’t be found, you can kiss goodbye for the chance to do business with them. Whether you sell products or services, you could lose a significant portion of your market.
But I have a website. Isn’t that enough?
No, you need to make sure that people can find your website. The only way to do that, except to manually hand your website address to everyone in the area, is to make your website known by search engines. And the only way to do that is through local SEO.
Local SEO – Not as difficult as it sounds
When it comes to ensuring that local clients can find you, the process is easier than it sounds, but it does take work. It also needs constant maintenance if you want to make sure you stay in front of your target audience and ahead of your competitors. Fortunately, there are companies that offer professional SEO help that can do everything for you, but more on this later.
Here are 5 ways you can improve your chances of being found by local customers:
1. Create a Google My Business account – By claiming your own Google My Business page, you’ll join the millions of businesses taking advantage of this service. It’s almost like an extra web page, and it’s just another way to introduce your business. These services allow you to add all the important details of your business, receive and show customer reviews as well.
2. Get as many local reviews as possible – Local reviews have a direct impact on local search, so try to get as many as possible. Use Google, Yell, and other review sites, and ask previous customers if they’d be happy to leave a review.
3. Optimizing Your Landing Pages Every page on your website is an opportunity to highlight your business in search engines. By using the keywords your audience uses to search for you online, you automatically increase your chances of being found. Therefore, if potential customers are looking for a “roof”, make sure that your pages contain this search term.
4. Build an engagement strategy Business is largely based on trust, but how do you convince people to trust if they’ve never dealt with you before? The answer is to become an online authority in your field. Blog posts are a great way to do this and will add more keywords to search engines as well as show that you know your stuff. You should be looking to write guest posts on your website that link to quality sites in your industry, and also look to write guest posts on related blogs that then link to your website.
5. Don’t forget social media – Social media is another way you can boost your search engine rankings, so use it as often as you can. It’s also a great way to build a relationship with your target audience, and another way you can advertise your service, communicate directly with your customers, and attract feedback.
If you don’t, your competitors will
Search engine optimization is one of the best ways to reach your target audience. When it comes to attracting local business, you have a lot of tools and options open, but you must use them well to get the best returns. It’s only a matter of time before your competitors start following these methods, if they haven’t already.