As you know, Google is constantly improving its search ranking algorithms every year.
In 2017 – Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) appeared.
In 2018, many new trends have emerged, which will affect SEO factors.
These are some of the upcoming trends in SEO in 2018 –
1. Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Features – A SERP is any non-organic result that appears on a search engine results page such as AdWords, news block, rich snippets, and site ratings. These features add a visual layer to an existing result. Site links, videos, tweets, and shopping results will also be prominently featured on search engine results pages.
2. Rich excerpts – Web developers add structured markup of data to their web pages. Rich snippet enhances search results by adding images, ratings, and website URL. Rich snippets on web pages must include a “|” tag. code in it.
Such rich snippets will get you more click rates.
3. Page speed – In today’s fast-moving environment, where speed is the most important factor – this is the most prevalent SEO factor, Google recommends a page load speed of 3 seconds or less to load any web page. Google provides a tool – Page Speed Insights, which will help you improve your web page speed, and it also provides insights into different optimization techniques to improve website speed.
4. Content Relevancy – Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) is an indexing and retrieval method. It is a mathematical technique called singular value analysis to identify a pattern – between terms and concepts.
Search engines evaluate your website content using LSI, scan your website and verify content with relevant terms and keywords. You should pay more attention to writing relevant content that matches your topic.
5. Google Voice Search – People search on Google by pronunciation rather than typing in the search box. Your SEO strategy should include conversational keywords.
6. Mobile Compatible Sites – Billions of people use the mobile version of websites, because it is very convenient. The mobile site is a search ranking factor; In fact, Google indexes your mobile website before the desktop version of your website. Responsive web design is supported by many web development technologies like bootstrap, which makes your website compatible with mobile or tablet devices.
Why mobile-friendly websites
- The desktop version of websites doesn’t seem easy to use on mobile devices.
- 2.6 billion active smartphone users
- Google marks mobile-friendly sites as mobile-friendly.
7. Backlinks do not contain links – A news article mentioning the name of a brand or business or a review done for a business or brand on another website, blog or in social media are all examples of non-link backlinks that are relevant today. Relevant articles, blogs or social media must include the name of the brand or business.
You have to align your online business with the latest search engine updates, by putting in a lot of time and efforts.