Creating a job quote is a challenging task if you are part of or run a web design company. Putting a price on your skills can be complicated. You don’t want to charge too much, but you do want to make the job worth your time. You have to think about everything from how much you will need to outsource to the job requirements. Meanwhile, the only thing the person you work for is interested in how much the project will cost. One of the easiest ways to deal with this is to break it down to who does what at your web design company.
The first category of jobs relates to the creative process that goes into creating a website. This may include graphic designers, copy writers, or flash developers. Many people who use the services of a web design company may wonder if this type of work is necessary. They see free hosting and templates everywhere, so why do they even need you? Here’s a look at what the creators on your team need to know.
• Photo shop. Photoshop and other similar software is important, but it is also complex and can take a long time before someone can consider themselves an expert in this subject. However, if you understand that, you can design logos, buttons, and other artwork for a website.
• marketing. SEO is all you need to know here. Most customers don’t realize it or how it works.
• Ease of use. If the website is not usable by customers, it may not exist either.
• Good content. The website should contain content and preferably good content. Someone has to create it; It does not come with a free web template.
The next category relates to software development, website development, and programming. What does a good web design company need to know about development?
• Good websites have features that allow customers to interact. Shopping carts and comment forums are just a few. A good programmer can provide it. The template can not. This may also include knowledge of front end design.
• Programmers also need to know how Google or other search engines interact with what they do.
• Also, a good programmer will know how these features work and will test them. He or she will also analyze the results.